In Episode S01E01, we begin our discussion of S., a literary project produced by J.J. Abrams and written by Doug Dorst. Just in case you wanted some background reading, we thought we’d put together a starter-list of resources you might want to checkout to familiarize yourself with their project. Of course, the best thing you could do would be to buy the book. But in lieu of that, check out the videos and links below if you want a slightly better sense of what the hell we’re babbling on about.
- To get you started, here’s a link to the text on Amazon.com: http://amzn.to/1NjoUDT (Full disclosure: this is an affiliate link.)
- S. on Wikipedia
- A feature in The New Yorker: “The Story of ‘S’: Talking With J. J. Abrams and Doug Dorst.”
- A feature in The New York Times: “A Long Time Ago, in a Universe More Analog.”
- A feature in Vulture: Doug Dorst on Writing His Mind-Bending Novel S and Leaving You Completely in the Dark.
- A review in The Guardian.
- A feature in The Washington Post.
- A feature in FastCompany: “Inside J.J. Abrams’s Brain-Bending Book-within-a-Book”
- A feature in Wired: “Reading J.J. Abrams’ Novel S. is like Downloading Lost to Your Brain.”